Friday, July 31

No, We Have a Mosquito Net Between Us


I love the rain...

...only if I'm dressed in my play clothes or if I'm warm in front of a window.


Basically, it was another Kriztille-n-Joi date. We hung around Main Street; baked in the heat and soaked under her umbrella for awhile.
I made her walk just about everywhere. It was to TenRen's for bubble tea, to the Post Office, to the threading place that Joyce and my cousins recommended, to the library for bathroom breaks, and to Old Navy to try on clothes that we didn't buy. Eventually, we made our way to this bakery and sat next to tables and tables full of chatty hipster asians.



Our conversations jumped from one thing to another, neatly sewn from tidbit threads of curiousity and strangeness. It was nice to just sit, talk, and watch a parade of umbrellas go by.

Speaking of umbrellas, I had to buy one. By the time we decided to leave, it was pouring. I tucked my right arm under Kriz's left arm and was basically pulling her everywhere. Rain drops were trickling down the nape of my neck and I started laughing uncontrollably. My strange sensitivity has no limits.


I think I'm going to sew lace at the ends.
Joi-ifying another piece of accesory.


~


Countdown is...


Pun intended!




~~~

3 comments:

  1. JOI AHAHA <3 i had fun with you! you're hilarious <3 our dates are always made of awesome : ) it was nice to have a chat with you everything and nothing.

    gahh look at my eyebags, i need more sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you again, my dear <3 I'm sorry I need to take you from Kriz for a bit haha

    also I think that umbrella rivals the coolness of the bubble umbrella.

    I'm going to be "that kid" and get myself some horrifyingly ugly rain boots and jacket for the rainy season of Rochester. Why not? It's fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day!

    ReplyDelete