Wednesday, June 24

Sampaguita


We celebrated my cousin Jeremy's birthday. Naturally when the kids were let out of the house, they started climbing and running.


His sister, Jewel.


And the little monkey himself (:






It was off to Harvest Buffet, a place where we frequently went for parties and whatnots. Whenever I go there, I splurge on seafood. My plate was just filled with ridiculous amounts of deliciousness. Compared to the rest, I didn't last very long. A plateful, a bowl of Miso, a saucer of dessert, and bubble tea. I walked out with a smile and an adjusted belt.







I absolutely love them.

~

Today was also allotted for my haircut. After my mom and I dropped Chloe off for her Tae Kwon Do, we headed for Main St after parking a couple of blocks away to walk off the food we ate.
The lady at Main St cut it shorter than I wanted. I'm not complaining. It will just take awhile to get used to:




After pit stops at a few stores, I met my mom across Roosevelt and she gave me this:


"Here, smell it. I love it....it's beautiful."
"Mom, it smells like a Sampaguita."

Brought me back to my childhood days in the Philippines. It made me think of the homeless kids that would flood the streets once the cars were at a stop light. It would always break my heart whenever they would peer into the car windows asking if we wanted to buy a couple of strings of sampaguitas.
The one promise I plan to keep is to go back there and help them. Photographs might just change the state they're in.


~~~

2 comments:

  1. Aw. That's really cute that your mom gave you a flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!! i dont know what sampaguita smells like ;_;

    ReplyDelete