Tuesday, June 23

Understand

My day began at 5:30 am when I rolled off my bed to get ready. My trip to Brooklyn was simple enough, but I wasn't exactly sure how the G would run. I decided to head out a little before 7:00.
I was off to assist Jeri Lampert for a shoot in Long Island. If it wasn't for Lauren telling me about her post on Craigslist, I wouldn't have gotten the job so quickly. I don't really know how I managed to skip this post.

Anyway, I got their waaay to early so I stopped by the local bakery for some cheesecake. The place is called Northside Bakery which was a division of Old Poland Foods. They were awfully nice there and were even excited that I sat in.

About forty minutes passed and I was still too early when I got to her apartment. I felt bad since she basically answered the door in a slight hurry, just coming from the shower. She let me in her cozy apartment and I noticed a few books that I was required to get for Photography.

After chatting a bit, we headed to get the car. On our way, I met Timothy, the make up artist/stylist for the shoot. After packing her camera equipment and managing to squeeze everyone in, we were headed for Long Island.
A few set backs happened, but we drove along nicely. We got their and Mary Beth, the stylist, and Holly, the model, were at the garden. The location was gorgeous. It was so much fun working on it.

Another thing that made me quite happy was that Jeri was working with film. Part of my assistant job was to reload film and at this moment, I could pretty much load the film back of her Mamiya in a heartbeat.

Five different shots and looks while playing tag with the sun. We got lucky that it only started drizzling when we were headed back to the city.

I didn't get home 'til midnight. But before I even had the lengthy wait for the bus, I had one stop that reassured me of my safety:


I felt secure knowing that Johnny would protect me at 23rd Ely Ave.


Overall, I just had a blast. I loved working for Jeri and meeting everyone. The long day was much worth it.



~~~

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could get you this job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA "I felt secure Knowing Johnny would protect me at 23rd Ely Ave" LOLLOL oh you're silly <3

    Im glad you got that job too! :D :D

    ReplyDelete