Monday, December 28

I'm Almost There!

{To Val}


Picture from this link.


{Before I fall into my Sibyl-Vane-mentality, I should type away...}

The Princess and the Frog is amazing. It brought back the spark and motivation I need to go back to school and face everything I wanted to run away from.
The story renewed my faith in the fairy tales I live by- the things that keep my little world spinning on its joyful axis. It also confirmed that little hope I had that happy endings exist---perhaps a happy ending that doesn't involve something you've wanted for the past couple of months (if not years), but maybe something close to that...if not better.

"I remember daddy told me fairy tales can come true.
But you gotta make them happen.
It all depends on you.
So I worked real hard each and every day.
Now things for sure are going my way.
Just doing what I do.
Look out boys I'm coming through.
And I'm almost there...."


A quote from the song "Almost There" from the soundtrack.


Don't ever let anyone tell you that you need to "sort out" those fairytales and once-upon-a-time-happily-ever-afters in your head. You can make them exist if you just work hard....and wish on an Evangeline.


~~~


3 comments:

  1. yes yes yes yes I'm looking forward to watching this when I can.

    Oh, the love, I cant wait :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! :D It is true, this movie did give me some much needed spark back into my motivation and creativity. It's movies like this that help me to dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to read that there still are movies that can remind us of our childhood imagination and determination (the very idea that anything is possible with the right amount of effort) that we so easily forget as we get older <3

    ReplyDelete