Saturday, July 25

I Can't Handle 20+ Screaming Kids

The morning started off like every other morning...


...just staring at my fish and watching them go about their tiny, but fairly happy world.


It wasn't long 'til we had to head over to my Aunt's house for a party. We were celebrating my cousin Jeremy's birthday that was about a month ago. I guess the buffet we had wasn't enough?



Jewel greeted us by the door. These kids grow up so fast. It has only been a few months of being away and it seems like they'll be towering over me in two years.
Naturally, my sister headed for the living room where a Wii was set up. She and Jeremy basically got their game on.





While this was happening, Jewel and I started untangling balloons and fixing a few things.




A few more hours and guests would be arriving. We decided to kill time by playing Don't-Cross-that-Line-with-your-Bike-or-your-Dad-will-Yell-at-You.



Guests came. I knew no one. For one thing, they stared at me as if I were from another planet. Kids poured in and quickly gathered in the living room after they've had their share of wallflower movements. I stayed outside 'cause the house boomed with unnecessary screaming and fighting over Wii controllers. Mae-mae joined me for awhile.



We spoke about a few things that were on her mind. My job was easy. All I had to do was entertain her with a couple of answers to her long list of questions. She's just in 3rd grade, by the way. I just thought it was amusing that they made those kind of glue-on nails for little kids.

After a couple more hours, it was time for cake. My mom managed to get all the kids out. Here she is with Jeremy.



If I'm not mistaken, Aun'Tet might be her favorite out of all the sisters. Haha.

It wasn't long until the candles were lit, and blown...and blown again. Darn sparklers. Those things never die after one big bad wolfing huff-n-puff.



When the candles were cleared, the cake was quickly left. That is, after depriving it of its plastic friends.





The kids didn't eat cake.

At the end of the day, I stayed with Lola for the most part. Unfortunately, she had to stay upstairs because of all the screaming and the paint smell that was clouding the first floor. She watched a few of the kids from the railing.



~
I ended up being bored, waiting for my dad to finish drinking so I could take him home. Stayed awhile in my Godmother's room and stared at my tired self in the marked up mirror.


The look of confusion and exhaustion...



...but don't get me wrong. I had a good time and was most definitely full with the absolute best Filipino food that my aunts and mom made (:

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment