Friday, January 15

One of These Rants: I Am Hook's Wendy.



I've been told by my very first photo professor that I'm in an in between stage. He said that I'm basically a little girl trapped in a woman's body. And no, he wasn't trying to insult me. It was more of his obscure (and true) observation.



He also said that I'll make up my mind one day. "Eventually" ---that was my reply.
I don't really know if I ever want to choose. I'm not fond of reality. I'd rather dream all day and be happy than having to accept so many things I refuse to fully absorb- things that will make me walk around as if a little gray cloud hung above my head (photo shoot foreshadowing).
I've been made fun of for having so many silly, childish stories I still believe in (and find inspiration from) and I'm fine with that. Sure, sometimes it hurts to hear people scoff, making you feel as if you've never grown up, but I'm okay with that. I've come to accept that it's never a good idea to try to change something that has been working for you for twenty some odd years of your life.



~~~

2 comments:

  1. <3 ditto. i wish i could say something more but my brain cells havent been functioning haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, especially with the last line. Changing to satisfy the ideas of another or others rarely ends well.

    ReplyDelete