Sunday, August 16

Emergency Room 21


There is almost nothing pleasant about being in the emergency room...



...except for the people who sacrifice their time to bring you there and stay to see if you'll be fine, who ask you for updates and reassure you that you will be alright, and the doctors and nurses that were more than kind.


The emergency room welcomed me at 2:22 am (at least the tag that is still strapped on my left wrist tells me so).

The uneasiness of Saturday night of claustrophobia and the various relationship stresses didn't help the discomfort. It was an appendicitis scare that kept me in my temporary and unconventional "hotel" room for about 3-4 hours.

I wasn't sure if the immediate cure of crying would have helped so I resorted to laughing with Jess who was extremely nice to stay with me until she had to go back to our apartment to finish packing for her flight that would leave that same morning.
There is nothing more comforting than having someone stay with you and share in the delusions of the early hours. Lots of ice-creamy-cakey-cake.
My uncle and my cousin Jenny were my over-the-phone doctors. I hated bothering them at that odd time, but I needed to talk to people who genuinely cared about the state I was in. They reassured me nonstop.

All the attention I was getting made me feel better. It was the kind of social cure I needed from being very locked up (more emotional than physical) these past few days. I constantly thanked and gave bundles of sorry's to everyone.

After being discharged, a cab came for me. I went home with an odd mix of memorabilia: the tag still attached to me and a phone number from my cab drivers.


~~~

2 comments:

  1. you're alright now i assume? <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you aren't well. I hope you feel better soon, no matter the ailment(s).
    Sending you a hug homie.

    -Sumara

    ReplyDelete