Saturday, July 18

"AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"



Yup, yup. Coney Island was so much fun. I would never trade it for anything else. I mean really... Why would you trade free ****, free fizzy drinks, a free concert, interesting people, lack of confused emo tweens (at least I didn't see them), a rickety rollercoaster, and unhealthy food that you burn within minutes of walking around for anything else??? Hell, I wouldn't.



After I found my old Airwalk keds in my closet, I knew I was ready for the dirty walking. I got there at about 11:30 am- about an hour and a half later than I wanted. Blessing in disguise really 'cause the stalls were just waking up from their back-seat hibernation.

After getting sanitizers and sunblock in condom saches, a CD, earplugs, and three unwanted pearl blue condoms (that mind you, will never be used except for water balloon antics) that remind me of one of my roommate's cars from the VOICE tent, I scouted the area. Found the hidden portapotties, the sketchy ATM's, the flea markets, rides, and the stages.

At about a little after noon, Kriz, Mandy, and Sumara joined me. First stop was the coconut vendor.





Wooo, took me back to the islands in an instant. I haven't had fresh coconut water in forever. After a few minutes, the poor fruit was sucked dry.
After visiting a few more stalls, we headed for the second stage. When we got there, we realized that we missed The Blue Van. Bear Hands was there though...and this is where I met Dancin' Dan.







Awesome, isn't he? Dancin' Dan, if you ever come across this, I just want to let you know that you are my hero. You are ****ing awesome.

Alright, onto some more wandering...


Yes, don't postpone Joy. If you do, Joy will postpone you.




Oh, and we also met a Mermaid who gave us Mardi Gras beads and a free photo each:


We also managed to cram four people in a photobooth:

Scans courtesy of Miss Kriztille.

Lots of this happened:


And most definitely this:


After listening to the Frightened Rabbits and their wonderful accents, Kriz, Mandy, and I decided to have a near-death-experience also known as the Cyclone.



This would be the result:

(I will get a better scan of this, I promise!)

Yes, Jo Cool at the front had his bar tight while I flew off my seat. Not only was I alone, but I wasn't fat enough to be held down. At one point, I had my feet at both corners of my cart, head back, gripping my bar. I left scratch marks on that thing for sure.

After laughing our heads off, it was off to see the Grand Duchy. Yes, we found our way to the front....





...and Mister Lion Man was extremely nice enough to move back for us (:

Needless to say, I barely got any photos of the bands. Well with an old dinky point and shoot, I was no match for the hipsters that had their neon colored cameras.


The awesome Violet Clark of the Grand Duchy.


Unfortunately, we were behind McDonald's Girl and Chainsmoker. A tandem of annoyance indeed.



After the Grand Duchy's excellent set, we waited for about an hour for the Raveonettes.
I was most definitely excited.


To be brutally honest, I wasn't satisfied with their performance. It wasn't until the last two songs that they picked up. The song list was long enough that I wanted it to be over. Oh well. I'm sure they would be much better if I see them again?

After some more corndogs and some cheesy waffle fries, we headed home. The day was more than satisfying and it most definitely lifted my mood. If it wasn't for these bundle-balls of happiness, I wouldn't be as psycho-smiley as I was.


Love you guys.


~~~

2 comments:

  1. hahaha dancin' dan. love you! best day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAH dancing dan LOLOL

    i love you too! you're far more detailed in your post than mine XDD

    ReplyDelete