Sunday, June 21

Band-Aid

The day began at six AM. Why? Who knows. All I remember is getting up and barely knowing if I slept.

First off the checklist was to contact Lauren and see if she would go. Hello? No? Alright. I assumed by the continuous ringing and the missing text responses that she had better things to do than go to John's shoot (which, by the way, was backed up continuously by the late models and missing nail polish remover).

The unfortunate pavements residing downtown were drenched. Drawn on each pathetic square were miserable mountains of soot and rain. Ironically, the sky seemed to smile on the bustling, crowd-infested Canal Street.
Huh, okay. Either the weather's just as moody as I am or I magically turned into Laura Vasquez, played by the one and only Rosario Dawson, from Men in Black II. I was walking on Prozac-pumped sunshine.
But I guess, that wasn't enough. If there is one thing I learned today it's that happiness (unfortunately) can be bought. Yeah, I said it. It can...through new things that turn your living space into one massive storage unit. I managed to walk out of Payless with a new pair of shoes (again). It was a good thing that I did since these Alice + Olivia Ludlow Mary Janes kept my feet dry when the weather and my mood simultaneously changed. This pair was on super-sale for only $6. And so far, they are waterproof...

So, I will take all the blame on this horrible weather.
I caused it
.

.... Anyway, when I tried to enter the closest train station, this "Do Not Cross" Police line stopped me from getting anywhere. And guess what, all the stations for the 6 were blocked. Fancy that? I could have sworn that I have gotten off that train that morning (which was about a few hours before I was greeted with this surprise). I probably traveled through a looking-glass into some sort of Twilight-twisted dimension. My morning's train trip was a blur- zombified as a suicidal teenager to Niagra falls. Ok I'm sorry, that was uncalled for and utterly and completely wrong.

I didn't care. I had all the time in the world to spend before my next obligation so I walked down Canal St to find another train station. I must have been on wheels 'cause I arrived to this A-C-E train station in half a heartbeat.

The train hopping went too quickly as well. By the time I decided to face time, it read 3:30. I was in Main Street and had about an hour and a half to kill. My first stop was food since the orchestra in my stomach decided to play a discordant symphony.
Yes, thank you. A table for one. No, I'm not waiting for anyone. There is only one mouth to be fed on this table so GET. If you can't tell, I get cranky when I'm hungry.
While I was in the middle of eating, the storm came. At this point, I hurried to get out of that restaurant. I wanted rain.
I wasn't in the rain for too long since Old Navy drew me in. I shopped happily. I walked out with black clothing...hmm.
The weather was gorgeous again when I started chatting with a man who most definitely confirmed that making yourself think younger is better than stressing about a body that never stops growing older. I always manage to make friends at the registers.
After another button down, I decided to fall into the bus line. I was heading to Church so I wasn't at my usual spot for waiting. This is where I saw the ad for a coffee spot in Flushing:

Take a break.
Go to Cafe Jojo!

That made me happy.
The bus ride was nice. The world outside the bus was still bright.
I hopped off and went to Mass. Naturally, some of my mother's friends were there. They greeted me and even waited with me when I stood outside in the rain like a wet pitiful cat. I assured them that I was fine. Well, I assured them thrice. They let me be after a couple more.


Tweet of the day:
I look pretty bitchin' outside with my bright purple umbrella, pinched green cardigan, and new waterproof mary jane flats.


~

THE END






~~~


3 comments:

  1. AHHAAHAH i had fun reading this :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH i love your little mouth and mole up by your title!!!! eeeeee!!!

    And this was quite entertaining. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to John Lee's shoot. :(

    And your shoes are Cuuttee

    ReplyDelete